This skid block was originally attached to the underbelly of Lewis Hamilton's MGP-W05 car at the 2014 Formula One Austin Grand Prix!
Also known as 'legality plank', skid block is the mandatory attachment to the underside of a Formula One car. Introduced in 1994 as a safety improvement following Ayrton Senna's death, the plank is fitted beneath the central plane of the car. It is designed to restrict the minimum height and prevent taking corners at dangerously high speeds
Retired from racing, our design team have re-styled the skid block into a practical holder for your mobile phone! Smooth to touch and a good weight to safely support your gadgets.
The natural colours of the skid block are complemented with black acrylic pieces to support your mobile phone at the perfect angle for reading, watching, charging, or simply for stylish storage. The finishing touch is the official Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport logo plaque.
Part of the official Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport ‘Piece of the Team’ collection. The skid block was part of the MGP-W05 car, raced by Lewis Hamilton at the 2014 Austin GP.
- Skid block from Lewis Hamilton's MGP-W05
- Limited to just 44 pieces
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team logo plaque
- Phone holder measures 9cm L x 9cm D x 2cm H
- Packaged in a luxury gift box
- Complete with a certificate of authenticity
- Re-engineered in the UK under licence from Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited.
No posts found